Follow our best practices for making GIFs to optimize your GIFs on GIPHY! Uploads are limited to 15 seconds, although we recommend no more than 6 seconds. Uploads are limited to 100MB, although we recommend 8MB or less. Source video resolution should be 720p max, but we recommend you keep it at 480p.
Can a GIF be 30 seconds?
Step 2: Select Start Time and Length of GIF
The duration can be up to 60 seconds long.
How do I extend the duration of a GIF?
Click Browse to upload the GIF from your computer, or enter the URL next to Open From URL and click Go. Click Animation from the menu at the top. Click Edit GIF Animation. Click the drop-down menu next to Looping and choose how many times you want the GIF to loop.
How can I turn a video into a GIF?
How to make a GIF from a video.
- Select. Upload a video from your device.
- Convert. Choose a file size based on where you plan to share your GIF. Then, trim your clip or change the aspect ratio if you need to. Download.
- Download. Instantly download your new GIF.
What size should I make a GIF?
Uploads are limited to 100MB, although we recommend 8MB or less. Source video resolution should be 720p max, but we recommend you keep it at 480p. Keep in mind media will appear mostly on small screens or smaller messaging windows.
How do I make a GIF that doesn’t loop?
- Open your GIF, then resave it.
- You will be presented with a number of screens during the saving process.
- Make sure to ‘save as animation’ and then uncheck ‘loop forever’ as shown in the screenshots above.