All of Illustrator’s tools work on the active selection, so before you can erase anything, you have to choose the parts of the image to erase. Hold down “Shift” while clicking on areas of the image to add to the selection, press “Ctrl,” and then click on an area to remove it from the selection.
Why can’t I erase a PNG in Illustrator?
Your only option is to open the original file in Illustrator and apply the Eraser tool in that document itself. On the other hand, if you place vector artwork and embed it into your file, you can use the Eraser tool to edit your graphic because embedded art becomes part of the file into which it’s embedded.
How do I delete an image in Illustrator?
Delete objects or layers
- Select the objects and then press Backspace (Windows) or Delete.
- Select the objects and then choose Edit > Clear or Edit > Cut.
How do you get rid of the background of a picture in Illustrator?
To eliminate the background from a picture in Adobe Illustrator, you can make use of the magic wand or the pen tool to form the forefront object. Then, by right-clicking the picture and choose “Make Clipping Mask”.
How do you get rid of white background in Illustrator?
- Open the problematic EPS file (with the opaque/white background) in Illustrator.
- Make and save a copy of the file, but preserve the original. …
- Change the file format to “EPS”
- Click “Save,” then open the dialog box labeled “EPS Options.
- Select “Transparent” from the options in the dialog box.
- Click “OK”.
How do I erase lines in Illustrator?
Erase part of a path using the Path Eraser tool
- Select the object.
- Select the Path Eraser tool .
- Drag the tool along the length of the path segment you want to erase. For best results, use a single, smooth, dragging motion.
How do I delete part of a picture?
Yes, the Erase tool.
- Right-click or Shift-click Costume1 and then choose Duplicate to preserve the original copy.
- Use the Erase tool to remove unwanted portions of the photo. …
- Click the Select tool, click and drag over the area you want to remove, and then click the Delete key on your keyboard.
How do I make my background transparent?
You can create a transparent area in most pictures.
- Select the picture that you want to create transparent areas in.
- Click Picture Tools > Recolor > Set Transparent Color.
- In the picture, click the color you want to make transparent. Notes: …
- Select the picture.
- Press CTRL+T.