In File Explorer, right-click on a file whose default program you want to change. Select Open With > Choose Another App. Check the box that says “Always use this app to open . [file extension] files.” If the program you want to use is displayed, select it and click OK.
How do I change the default program to open JPEG files?
To change the default app when opening JPEG files, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings.
- Click System.
- Click Default apps in the left pane.
- Click Choose default apps by file type link.
- Locate JPEG File, click the Default app and select Photos.
How do I change the default program to open a file?
On the latest version of stock Android, you need to open up the Settings app, then choose Apps & notifications, then Advanced, then Default apps. All the available categories, like browser and SMS, are listed. To change a default, just tap on the category, and make a new choice.
How do I reset what opens a file?
How to reset defalt programs to open files?
- Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Default Programs.
- Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- Click the file type or protocol that you want the program to act as the default for.
- Click Change program.
How do I change the default program to open a PNG file?
Instructions say: Open LittleWindows PNG – Instructions say Open Control Panel and go to Default Programs > Set Programs. Find Windows Photo Viewer in the list of programs, (can’t find it) click it, and choose Set this program as default.
How do I change the default program to open a file in Windows 10?
Change default programs in Windows 10
- On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store. …
- You may want your .
How do I change the default program for opening PDF files?
Changing the default pdf viewer (to Adobe Reader)
- Click on the Start button and select the Settings cog.
- In the Windows Settings display, select System.
- Within the System list, select Default apps.
- At the bottom of the Choose default apps page, select Set defaults by app.
- The Set Default Programs window will open.
What program opens image files by default?
When you open a file in Windows, it will usually open in the default application for that type of file. For example, a photo will open in Windows Photo Viewer (or the Photos application in Windows by default.
What program opens text files by default?
TXT file in Windows and it automatically opens in Notepad, then Notepad is the default program for files with a “. txt” extension. If the file opens in Microsoft Word, then Microsoft Word is the default program.
How do I change the default picture viewer in paint?
To change your default program in Windows 10 from Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:
- On the Start menu, select Settings.
- Go to System, then go to Default apps.
- Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under Photo viewer.