The Adobe Illustrator Eraser tool has no effect whatsoever on Illustrator’s Symbols. … If it is, you must click on the Break Link to Symbol button in the Symbols panel, thereby expanding the Symbol’s appearance, in order to edit it using the Eraser tool.
Why does my eraser leave an outline illustrator?
The eraser does not have the stroke. The objects that you are erasing have it. … the box on the right is the result if the text only is selected when the eraser is being used. You can see on the left that the stroke of the “outline” lef…
How do you smooth a path in Illustrator?
Using the Smooth Tool
- Scribble or draw a rough path with the paintbrush or pencil.
- Keep the path selected and select the smooth tool.
- Click then drag the smooth tool across your selected path.
- Repeat the steps until you get the result you want.
What does Ctrl H do in Illustrator?
|Release guide||Ctrl + Shift-double-click guide||Command + Shift-double-click guide|
|Show document template||Ctrl + H||Command + H|
|Show/Hide artboards||Ctrl + Shift + H||Command + Shift + H|
|Show/Hide artboard rulers||Ctrl + R||Command + Option + R|
How do you erase in Illustrator without outline?
- Make all your shapes 100% opaque again and select all of them.
- Go to Pathfinder > Divide.
- Ungroup the resulting shape and delete all the other shapes not needed for your desired design.
How do you erase in Illustrator 2020?
Erase objects using the Eraser tool
- Do one of the following: To erase specific objects, select the objects or open the objects in isolation mode. …
- Select the Eraser tool .
- (Optional) Double-click the Eraser tool and specify options.
- Drag over the area you want to erase.
Why is my eraser tool painting?
Why is my eraser tool painting? When you go to background layer and you are using your eraser, actually you are ‘painting out’ your background layer mistakes in white! … Simply make sure that BOTH your color boxes in the upper right hand corner are designated as pure white.
How do you resize the eraser in Illustrator?
This shape allows you to erase large areas in one direction, but smaller areas in another direction.
- Open your image in Adobe Illustrator.
- Double-click the eraser-shaped “Eraser” tool from the Tools pallet. …
- Click the “Diameter” slider to the right to increase the size of the eraser.
How do I fix lines in Illustrator?
To make a correction to a line you created with the Pen tool, follow these steps:
- Choose Select→Deselect to make sure that no objects are selected.
- Select the Direct Selection tool from the Tools panel. …
- Click an anchor to select one point on the line. …
- Click and drag the anchor point with the Direct Selection tool.
How do I clean up a vector in Illustrator?
An easy way to clean up your artwork is to choose Object > Path > Clean Up, and select what to clean up (see Figure 10). Another way to clean up your document is to remove unused swatches, brushes, etc. like you saw earlier, when we were discussing actions.