How do I save a selection path?
To save this selection, choose Select > Save Selection. In the Save Selection dialog box, go to the Name field and give this selection a name. Click OK to close the Save Selection dialog box.
Can you copy a path in Photoshop?
To copy a path or path component into another path, select the path or path component you want to copy, and choose Edit > Copy. Then select the destination path, and choose Edit > Paste.
How do I create a new path in Photoshop?
Create a new path in the Paths panel
Choose New Path from the Paths panel menu, or Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) the New Path button at the bottom of the panel. Enter a name for the path in the New Path dialog box, and click OK.
How do Paths work in Photoshop?
Click the Make Work Path button at the bottom of the Paths panel to use the current tolerance setting, without opening the Make Work Path dialog box. Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) the Make Work Path button at the bottom of the Paths panel. Choose Make Work Path from the Paths panel menu.
How do you stroke a path in Photoshop?
To stroke the path, do one of the following:
- Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) the Stroke Path button at the bottom of the Paths panel.
- Alt-drag (Windows) or Option-drag (Mac OS) the path to the Stroke Path button.
- Choose Stroke Path from the Paths panel menu.
How do I open a path in Photoshop?
To re-open a path, just click on one of the path segments with the “Direct Selection” Tool and then press the Delete key.
What is the best tool for creating precise paths?
Draw with the Pen tools
The standard Pen tool lets you draw straight segments and curves with great precision. The Freeform Pen tool lets you draw paths as if you were drawing with pencil on a piece of paper.
How do you create multiple paths in Photoshop?
Combining paths in Photoshop
- Click on one of your paths in the paths palette. …
- Then click on another path in the paths palette and paste the first path into it (Edit>Paste or Cmd / Ctrl + V ).
- Both your paths will be on the same path.
- Continue until all of your paths are in the same path.
How do you hide paths in Photoshop?
Click the checkmark on the right side of the Options bar near the top of the Photoshop document. This will hide the path that you currently have displayed. You can also click in any blank area of the Paths palette. This will de-select any of the path layers and will hide all paths.