Windows users: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift as you start Illustrator. Mac OS users: Option+Command+Shift as you start Illustrator.
How do I restart illustrator?
Try holding Cmd-Opt-Ctrl-Shift when restarting AI on a Mac or Alt-Crtl-Shift on a PC to reset the preferences to the factory defaults.
How do I reset Illustrator on Mac?
macOS: Select Illustrator > Preferences > General > Reset Preferences. Press and hold Option+Command+Shift as you start Illustrator.
How do I reset my workspace in Illustrator?
So how to reset active workspace to defaults in Illustrator? Simple click on workspace switcher and choose same workspace to reset it to default state.
How do I clear the cache in Illustrator 2020?
Fortunately, this is easily handled.
- Turn off Illustrator or any other Adobe application you have running.
- Go to the folder holding the Adobe cache. You will find it in the following path: …
- Select the “AdobeFnt*. lst” file and delete it. …
- Go to the folder holding the Windows cache. …
- Select the “FNTCACHE.
Why does my Illustrator keep crashing?
Illustrator might run into a crash or slow performance when your system does not have enough memory (RAM) because too many applications are open on your computer.
What is Ctrl D in Illustrator?
Identical to the functionality of Adobe Illustrator (i.e. learned behavior,) allow users to select an object and use the keyboard shortcut Cmd/Ctrl + D to duplicate that object after initial copy & paste (or Alt + Drag.)
How do you clear Adobe Illustrator preferences?
There are two levels of resetting your preferences, the first and more commonly known is to:
- Windows users: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift as you start Illustrator.
- Mac OS users: Option+Command+Shift as you start Illustrator.
How do you reset color settings in Illustrator?
AFAIK, the default settings is Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6.0. Go Edit>Color Settings and select it in the dropdown at the top of the dialog. If this does not help, you may try deleting the AIPREFS file (backup the old one just in case) which resets everything to the factory defaults.
How do I get the control panel back in Illustrator?
To hide or show all panels, including the toolbar and Control panel, press Tab. To hide or show all panels except the toolbar and Control panel, press Shift+Tab. Tip: You can temporarily display hidden panels if Auto-Show Hidden Panels is selected in Interface preferences. It’s always on in Illustrator.
How do I reset keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator?
Clear shortcuts from a command or tool
- Choose Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.
- In the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box, select the command or tool name whose shortcut you want to delete.
- Click Clear.
- Click OK to exit the dialog box.