Switch to the Minus icon and paint over an area you want to hide from view. In the Select and Mask Properties panel on the right side of the workspace, try dragging the Smooth slider to the right to smooth the edge of the mask. Try dragging the Contrast slider to the right to make the edge of the mask less soft.
How do you edit an existing mask in Photoshop?
To easily edit and refine existing layer masks, do the following: In the Layers panel, select the layer containing the mask you want to edit. Click the Mask thumbnail in the Layers panel. Select any of the editing or painting tools.
How do I smooth edges quickly in Photoshop?
To fix this common issue, create a mask from your selection and go into the “Properties” window. Here you’ll find the sliders in question. Increase the “Smooth” slider slightly to smooth out those rough edges. After that, use the “Feather” slider to slightly envelope the area in question to ensure no areas are lost.
Why can’t I edit layer mask in Photoshop?
Solution #1: Set the Brush Mode to Normal
If you know the layer mask is selected, but can’t seem to use your brushes, check the Blend Mode of the Brush Tool. If the mode has been changed to anything else other than Normal, then make sure to change it back.
How do I mask an image layer?
To Use Applied Layer Masks
- Create an Adjustment Layer and Select the Layer Mask. Create an Adjustment Layer and then select the Layer Mask by clicking on the mask.
- Select Image > Apply Image. …
- Choose the Layer You Want to Apply to the Mask. …
- Choose the Blending Mode. …
- Make Adjustments to the Applied Layer Mask.
How do we use a layer mask to blend two images together?
What you learned: Make a creative composite by combining images using a layer mask
- Start with a document that has at least two images, each on a separate layer. Select the top image layer in the Layers panel.
- Click the Add layer mask button in the Layers panel. This adds a white layer mask to the selected layer.