The Ruler tool helps you position images or elements precisely. The Ruler tool calculates the distance between any two points in the workspace. When you measure from one point to another, a nonprinting line is drawn, and the options bar and Info panel show the following information: The starting location (X and Y)
How do I use the ruler tool in Photoshop?
The ruler tool in Photoshop has a protractor mode that can be used to draw a second measuring line that’s connected to the first. To use this tool, draw your first measuring line, then click “Option/Alt” while clicking on the desired end point of the first line and dragging out your second line.
Is there a measuring tool in Photoshop?
Select the Ruler tool. It’s tucked away in the Tools panel with the Eyedropper. Press I, or Shift+I, to cycle between the Eyedropper, Color Sampler, Note, and Ruler tools until the Ruler tool appears. Click at a starting location for the measuring line and then drag to the end location.
Where is the ruler guide in Photoshop?
Place a guide
- Hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS), and drag from the vertical ruler to create a horizontal guide.
- Drag from the vertical ruler to create a vertical guide.
- Hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS), and drag from the horizontal ruler to create a vertical guide.
How do you show inches in Photoshop?
In the menu, click on Photoshop and select Preference and General. The Preferences pop-up window will appear. Select Units & Rulers from the sidebar in the pop-up window and adjust your ruler to inches, pixels, millimeters, or other unit of measurment you wish to use. Click the OK button when you are finished.
What is blur tool?
The Blur Tool is used to paint a blur effect. Each stroke made using the Blur Tool will lower the contrast between affected pixels, making them appear blurred. The context-sensitive Options Bar, usually located at the top of your workspace, will display all relevant options related to the Blur Tool.
How do I measure in Photoshop?
Set measurement scale
- Open a document.
- Choose Image > Analysis > Set Measurement Scale > Custom. …
- Enter the Logical Length and Logical Units that you want to set equal to the Pixel Length. …
- Click OK in the Measurement Scale dialog box to set the measurement scale on the document.
How do I adjust an image in Photoshop?
Change the size of an image
- Choose Image > Image Size.
- Measure width and height in pixels for images you plan to use online or in inches (or centimeters) for images to print. Keep the link icon highlighted to preserve proportions. …
- Select Resample to change the number of pixels in the image. …
- Click OK.
What is image optimization in Photoshop?
Optimize as JPEG
JPEG is the standard format for compressing photographs. Open an image and choose File > Save For Web. Choose JPEG from the optimization format menu. To optimize to a specific file size, click the arrow to the right of the Preset menu, and then click Optimize To File Size.