1Open the multilayer image that you want to edit in Elements. 2In the Layers palette, click the layer that you want to edit. 3Make the changes you want to the active layer. 4Choose File→Save to save your work.
How do I select a layer in Photoshop?
Ctrl-clicking or Command-clicking the layer thumbnail selects the nontransparent areas of the layer.
- To select all layers, choose Select > All Layers.
- To select all layers of a similar type (for example all type layers), select one of the layers, and choose Select > Similar Layers.
How do you select and edit in Photoshop?
Expand or contract a selection by a specific number of pixels
- Use a selection tool to make a selection.
- Choose Select > Modify > Expand or Contract.
- For Expand By or Contract By, enter a pixel value between 1 and 100, and click OK. The border is increased or decreased by the specified number of pixels.
How do I automatically select a layer in Photoshop?
To auto-select multiple layers, press and hold Ctrl (Win) / Command (Mac) to temporarily turn Auto-Select on, and then add the Shift key. Click in the document to select the layers you need, and then release the keys to turn Auto-Select back off.
Can you edit a layer in Photoshop?
You can edit part of an image without changing the rest of it by making changes to a particular layer in Adobe Photoshop Elements. You just need to make sure that the part you want to edit resides on the layer you plan to edit.
How do I edit just one layer in Photoshop?
1 Correct Answer
Hold down alt and click between the adjustment layer and the layer you need affecting in the layers palette. Thats the quick shortcut!
How do I edit a quick selection in Photoshop?
Quick Selection tool
- Select the Quick Selection tool . …
- In the options bar, click one of the selection options: New, Add To, or Subtract From. …
- To change the brush tip size, click the Brush pop-up menu in the options bar, and type in a pixel size or drag the slider. …
- Choose Quick Selection options:
How do you edit a certain part of a picture?
Try the free Snapseed app (available for iOS and Android). Its Selective feature is exceptional for precise edits of individual areas of a photo. You can see the effect of this tool in these before and after images. To use the Selective tool, tap Tools at the bottom of the screen and then tap Selective.
How do I edit part of a picture?
Edit Part of a Photo
- Create a linear gradient by tapping the plus sign, then selecting the square box on the right.
- Select the area of the photo you want to adjust by dragging over it (indicated by a red wash effect). …
- Tap the Light menu to adjust the exposure or contrast to your liking.
How do I invert a selection in Photoshop?
Invert a selection
In a photo with an existing selection border, choose Select > Inverse. Note: You can use this command to easily select an object that appears against a solid-colored area. Select the solid color using the Magic Wand tool, and then choose Select > Inverse.
How do you edit an object in Photoshop?
Follow these steps to edit the contents of a Smart Object:
- In your document, select the Smart Object layer in the Layers panel.
- Choose Layer→Smart Objects→Edit Contents. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box. …
- Edit your file ad nauseam.
- Choose File→Save to incorporate the edits.
- Close your source file.