Photoshop automatically selects the object inside the defined region. Add to the selection: Hold the Shift key or select Add To Selection in the options bar, then draw a new rectangle or a lasso around the missing region. Repeat this process for all the missing regions you want to add to the selection.
How do you make an object a selection?
Select a single object within a group
- Select the Group Selection tool , and click the object.
- Select the Lasso tool , and drag around or across the object’s path.
- Select the Direct Selection tool , and click within the object, or drag a marquee around part or all of the object’s path.
How do I manually select in Photoshop?
Open an image in Photoshop and do one of the following:
- Choose Select > Select and Mask.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+R (Windows) or Cmd+Option+R (Mac).
- Enable a selection tool, such as Quick Selection, Magic Wand, or Lasso. Now, click Select and Mask in the Options bar.
What is the shortcut key for the selection tool?
Common Shortcuts for the selection tools in Photoshop
Holding the Option + Shift (Mac) / Alt + Shift (Win) and dragging with the tool will produce the intersection of selections. Move a selection 1 pixel at a time using the arrow keys.
What is the move tool?
The Move tool helps you position selected content or layers when customizing your work. Select the Move tool (V) . Use the Options bar to customize tool settings, like Alignment and Distribution, to get the effect you want. Click on an element—like a layer, selection or artboard—to move it.
Which tool is best for selection in Photoshop?
The marching ants are in the same place.
- Marquee Tools. The Marquee tools let you drag a shape over an area to select it. …
- Lasso. The Lasso tool lets you draw freely around the object you want to select. …
- Polygonal Lasso. …
- Magnetic Lasso. …
- Object Selection. …
- Quick Selection. …
- Magic Wand. …
- Select Color Range.
How do I make a selection in Photoshop CC?
What you learned: To make a selection and adjust only the selected area
- In the Tools panel, select the Rectangular Marquee tool. …
- To select more, click the Add to selection icon in the options bar or press Shift and drag. …
- Select a layer you want to adjust.
What is the shortcut to select an image in Photoshop?
Note: All selection tricks are performed with selection tools. (There’s a shocker.)
Keyboard Shortcuts for Selecting in Photoshop 6.
|Deselect entire image||Ctrl+D||Apple command key+D|
|Reselect last selection||Ctrl+Shift+D||Apple command key+Shift+D|
|Select everything||Ctrl+A||Apple command key+A|
|Hide extras||Ctrl+H||Apple command key+H|