How do I get the Eraser tool to work in Photoshop?
Photoshop Background Eraser Tool – Quick Summary
- Photoshop’s Background Eraser Tool can be used to easily remove unwanted areas of an image.
- To select the Background Eraser Tool, right-click (Win) / Control-click (Mac) on the standard Eraser Tool in the Tools panel, then select the Background Eraser Tool from the menu.
Why does my background Eraser tool not work in Photoshop?
The Eraser tool is essentially a brush. You can change the size, hardness and spacing, just like any other brush. … Also, if you’ve duplicated the layer you’re working on, make sure you’ve hidden the duplicate layer as well or you won’t see the effect of the Eraser.
What is an eraser tool?
The Eraser tool changes pixels to either the background color or to transparent. If you’re working on a background or in a layer with transparency locked, the pixels change to the background color; otherwise, the pixels are erased to transparency. … A lower opacity erases pixels partially.
What is Magic eraser tool in Photoshop?
The magic eraser tool works like the paint bucket tool in reverse. It can be used to erase neighboring or ‘similar’ pixels, based on the pixel color value where you click.
How do I reset line tool?
Select the Line tool. Right click on the line tool icon on the left of the Options bar and choose Reset Tool.
How do I reset my eraser tool?
The eraser and brush tool is not working properly. Try resetting each problem tool by right-clicking where indicated by the red arrow and picking “Reset Tool” (or “Reset All Tools” for every Photoshop tool).
How do I reset my brush tool?
Reset the Brush Tool
- In Tool Options, to the far left, click on the down facing triangle next to the tool icon to get a drop down panel.
- Click on the icon in the upper right corner to get a fly-out menu and choose Reset Tool.
How do I use the clone stamp in Photoshop?
Here’s how to use the Clone Stamp tool:
- With the Clone Stamp tool selected, position the cursor over the area you want to clone and then Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac) to define the clone source.
- Position the cursor over the area where you want to paint the cloned pixels and then start painting.
How do I remove part of a picture?
Select the standard eraser tool on the tool panel. Click and hold on the eraser to select either the scissors or knife tool, which cut or slice out whole areas of an image. The eraser is a free-drawing tool that gives you manual control over what to erase and remove.
How do I change the eraser shape in Photoshop?
RE: How to change shape of eraser
Go to ‘Brush’ menu at left of horizontal toolbar. Click and see the brushes menu selection. At the top right of this window is a small arrow which will bring up a list of brushes presets. Click on your choice and you will be asked if you want to replace the current set.