Go to one of the groups and right click on the mouse, in the menu that comes up choose Arrange, and within the next box choose bring forward. This works with either group. Go to the other group, right click, choose Arrange, then choose bring forward and now this group will appear ahead other the other one.
How do you arrange objects in Illustrator?
You use the Align panel (Window > Align) and the align options in the Control panel to align or distribute selected objects along the axis you specify. You can use either the object edges or anchor points as the reference point, and you can align to a selection, an artboard, or a key object.
How do I change text spacing in Illustrator?
To automatically adjust the spacing between selected characters based on their shapes, select Optical for the Kerning option in the Character panel. To adjust kerning manually, place an insertion point between two characters, and set the desired value for the Kerning option in the Character panel.
How do you move an object in a small increment in Illustrator?
In Illustrator, using the arrow keys on your keyboard (up, down, left, right) to move your objects in small increments is called “nudging”. The default increment amount is 1pt (. 0139 inches), but you can choose a value more relevant to your task at hand.
How do I turn on auto align in Illustrator?
How do you align in Illustrator?
- Select the objects to align or distribute.
- Using the Selection tool, Shift-click in the artboard you want to use to activate it.
- In the Align panel or Control panel, select Align To Artboard , and then click the button for the type of alignment or distribution you want.
How do I use Smart Guides in Illustrator?
To turn on Smart Guides, just choose “View” > “Smart Guides” from the main menu. For more control over how the Smart Guides look and behave, choose “Edit” > “Preferences” > “Smart Guides” (or “Illustrator” > “Preferences” > “Smart Guides” on Mac).
How do I stretch a path in Illustrator?
Stretch parts of a path without distorting its overall shape
- Select the entire path.
- Select the Reshape tool (located under the Scale tool ).
- Position the cursor over the anchor point or path segment that you want to act as a focal point (that is, a point that pulls selected path segments), and click.
How do you wrap an object around another in Illustrator?
Follow these steps to wrap text around another object or group of objects:
- Select the wrap object. …
- Make sure that the wrap object is on top of the text you want to wrap around it by choosing Object→Arrange→Bring to Front. …
- Choose Object→Text Wrap→Make. …
- Adjust the wrap area by choosing Object→Text Wrap→Text Wrap Options.