Expanding objects enables you to divide a single object into multiple objects that make up its appearance. For example, if you expand a simple object, such as a circle with a solid-color fill and a stroke, the fill and the stroke each become a discrete object.
Where is expand in Illustrator?
- Select the object.
- Choose Object > Expand. If the object has appearance attributes applied to it, the Object > Expand command is dimmed. In this case, choose Object > Expand Appearance and then choose Object > Expand.
- Set options, and then click OK: Object.
How do you get out of expand in Illustrator?
Illustrator: Rid Yourself of Pesky “Expand Appearance” Woes
- Open a new Illustrator document, and create some overlapping shapes using a brush or two. …
- Go to Object > Expand Appearance to create your outlines.
- With everything selected, right click and “Ungroup” them.
What is the shortcut key of ungroup in Adobe Illustrator?
|Adobe Illustrator 10 Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Ctrl + G||Group|
|Ctrl + Shift + G||Ungroup|
|Ctrl + 2||Lock -> Selection|
What is the difference between expand and create outline in Illustrator?
No difference. Expanding a text object creates outlines of the text. … Create Outlines only works on text objects. But Expand will work on many other objects (and create outlines at the same time).
How do you resize a shape?
Resize a shape
- Select the shape that you want to resize.
- Click and drag one of the selection handles that appear on the sides and corners. To maintain the shape’s proportions, drag a corner handle, or hold the Shift key while you drag the handle.
How do I resize an image without distorting in Illustrator?
Currently, if you want to resize an object (by clicking and dragging a corner) without distorting it, you need to hold down the shift key.
How do you explode an object in Illustrator?
Click in the middle of the straight line to make a break in the path. Two new endpoints will appear on the original path. Alternately, click on the anchor point of the path you want to split. Select “Cut Path At Select Anchor Points” from the Control panel.