The brightness slider will control the overall exposure of your photo. The contrast slider controls the intensity of your highlights and shadows. To darken your photo, move the brightness slider to the left. Once your photo is darkened, you can play around with the contrast slider to enhance the darkening adjustment.
How do you make an image brighter in Photoshop?
Adjust brightness and contrast in a photo
- In the menu bar, select Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast.
- Adjust the Brightness slider to change the overall brightness of the image. Adjust the Contrast slider to increase or decrease image contrast.
- Click OK. The adjustments will appear only on the selected layer.
Which tools lighten or darken areas of the image in Photoshop?
The Dodge tool and the Burn tool lighten or darken areas of the image. These tools are based on a traditional darkroom technique for regulating exposure on specific areas of a print. Photographers hold back light to lighten an area on the print (dodging) or increase the exposure to darken areas on a print (burning).
How can I darken a bright picture?
6 Ways To Fix Too Bright and Too Dark Photos
- Recompose The Photo. This is probably the simplest solution. …
- Use Exposure Lock. …
- Use Fill In Flash. …
- High Dynamic Range Imaging. …
- Use a Filter. …
- Fix The Original Photo in an Image Editing Program.
How do I darken an image in Photoshop 2020?
To darken an image in Photoshop, go to Image > Adjustments > Exposure to create a new Exposure Adjustment Layer. In the dialogue box that appears, move the “Exposure” slider to the left to darken your photo. This will darken your entire image at once and correct any overexposed areas.
How do I darken part of a picture?
Darken parts of a photo to tone down distracting areas that are too bright.
- Long press on the Add Layer button (the plus symbol) in the taskbar on the right and choose Adjustment Layer > Curves.
- In the Layer Properties panel that appears, pull down on the center of the curve line to darken the image.
How can I make a picture brighter?
When you need to brighten a photo the most obvious place to start is to go to Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast, or to select this tool on an Adjustment Layer. Brightness/Contrast is a good, simple option to use if the overall image is too dark.
How do I make a JPEG brighter?
Adjust the brightness of a picture
- Click the picture that you want to change the brightness for.
- Under Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Adjust group, click Brightness.
- Click the brightness percentage that you want.
Which tool lightens areas in an image?
The Dodge tool and the Burn tool lighten or darken areas of the image. These tools are based on a traditional darkroom technique for regulating exposure on specific areas of a print.
Is the tool that darkens an image?
Answer: The Dodge tool and the Burn tool lighten or darken areas of the image. These tools are based on a traditional darkroom technique for regulating exposure on specific areas of a print.
Can you fix overexposed photos?
If you accidentally overexpose a photo with your digital camera, you can easily fix it with a duplicate layer and the proper blend mode. As long as none of the overexposed highlights are completely blown out to white, you can save the image.