How do you make a stroke in Illustrator?
Create dotted or dashed lines
- Select the object.
- In the Stroke panel, select Dashed Line. …
- Click the icon: Align Dashes to Corners and Path Ends, Adjusting Length to Fit . …
- Specify a dash sequence by entering the lengths of dashes and the gaps between them. …
- Select a cap option to change the ends of the dashes.
Which two panels can you use to change the stroke weight of an object?
Terms in this set (20)
Most stroke attributes are available via both the control panel and the Stroke panel.
How do I turn an image into a path in Illustrator?
To convert the tracing object to paths and to manually editing the vector artwork, choose Object > Image Trace > Expand.
Trace an image
- Choose one of the default presets by clicking the icons on top of the panel. …
- Choose a preset from the Preset drop-down menu.
- Specify the tracing options.
How do I make an object one path in Illustrator?
Next, you will join the two paths to create a single closed path.
- Select the Selection tool ( ) in the Tools panel. …
- Choose Object > Path > Join. …
- Choose Object > Path > Join once more.
- Choose Select > Deselect to see the closed path.
- Choose View > Preview.
What is Stroke in Adobe Illustrator?
A stroke is a line of color that precisely follows a path. … In Figure 5-1, you can see a variety of paths with different strokes and fills applied to them. Figure 5-1: Paths with different fills and strokes applied to them. Although a stroke can be any thickness, it always uses a path as its center.