Choose Select > Deselect. In the Layers panel, select the layer or group. Do one of the following: To create a mask that reveals the entire layer, click the Add Layer Mask button in the Layers panel, or choose Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal All.
How do you hide and reveal in Photoshop?
To hide or reveal a selection:
Using a selection tool, select the portion of the image you wish to hide or reveal. From the Layer menu select Layer Mask » Hide Selection or Reveal Selection. Your mask is applied accordingly.
What does masked mean in Photoshop?
With Masking we erase something (make it invisible) but can very quickly bring that erased area back at any time (make it visible again). We do this by using the Paint Brush, and the colours Black and White.
How do I adjust an image in Photoshop?
Change the size of an image
- Choose Image > Image Size.
- Measure width and height in pixels for images you plan to use online or in inches (or centimeters) for images to print. Keep the link icon highlighted to preserve proportions. …
- Select Resample to change the number of pixels in the image. …
- Click OK.
How do you hide layers?
You can hide layers with a single quick click of the mouse button: Hide all the layers but one. Select the layer you want to display. Alt-click (Option-click on the Mac) the eye icon for that layer in the left column of the Layers panel, and all other layers disappear from view.
What are the benefits of using layers *?
The advantage of layers is that it allows you to manipulate different components withint a graphic without affecting the other layers. You can add and delete layers, apply effects to layers, move layers around, and adjust the stacking order of the layers.
What is the 1st step on creating mask layer?
Create a layer mask
- Select a layer in the Layers panel.
- Click the Add layer mask button at the bottom of the Layers panel. A white layer mask thumbnail appears on the selected layer, revealing everything on the selected layer.
What is a blending mode in Photoshop?
The blending mode specified in the options bar controls how pixels in the image are affected by a painting or editing tool. … The blend color is the color being applied with the painting or editing tool. The result color is the color resulting from the blend.