Choose Object > Image Trace > Make to trace with default parameters. Illustrator converts the image to black and white tracing result by default. Click the Image Trace button in the Control panel or the Properties panel, or select a preset from the Tracing Presets button ( ).
How do you easily trace in Illustrator?
Here’s how to easily convert a raster image into a vector image using the Image Trace tool in Adobe Illustrator:
- With the image open in Adobe Illustrator, select Window > Image Trace. …
- With the image selected, check the Preview box. …
- Select the Mode drop down menu, and choose the mode that best suits your design.
How do I outline an image in Illustrator?
Choose File > Place and select an image to place into Illustrator document.
- Choose File > Place and select an image to place into Illustrator document.
- The image is selected. …
- With the Stroke highlighted in the Appearance panel, choose Effect > Path > Outline Object.
Why is image trace not working in Illustrator?
As srisht said, it may be that the image is not selected. … If it is vector, Image Trace will be grayed out. Try creating a new Illustrator file. Then choose File > Place.
Where is the control panel in Illustrator?
By default, the Control panel is docked at the top of the workspace. Options displayed in the Control panel vary depending on the type of object or tool you select.