You can remove a Drop Shadow layer style from your current layer and have it appear on its own separate layer (so you can edit it on its own, erase parts of it, etc.) by going under the Layer menu, under Layer Style, and choosing Create Layer.
How do I create a drop shadow on my own layer in Photoshop?
In the Layers panel, select the layer containing the text to which you want to add a drop shadow. Click the Layer Style button at the bottom of the Layers panel and choose Drop Shadow from the list that appears. If possible, position the Layer Style dialog box so that you can see the layer and its drop shadow.
How do you soften shadows in Photoshop?
Adjust image shadows and highlights
- Choose Image > Adjustments > Shadow/Highlight. …
- Adjust the amount of lighting correction by moving the Amount slider or entering a value in the Shadows or Highlights percentage box. …
- For finer control, select Show More Options to make the additional adjustments.
How do I remove shadows in Photoshop 2020?
How to Remove Shadows with Content-Aware Fill
- Step 1: Open and Duplicate the Background. Open the photo and right-click on the background layer. …
- Step 2: Select the Patch Tool. Select the Patch tool from the toolbar on the left. …
- Step 3: Remove Shadows. Make a selection of the shadow you want to remove.
Is there an app to remove shadows from pictures?
With TouchRetouch, you can remove unwanted elements like shadows, people, buildings, wires and spots in the sky. You don’t even have to do any work – you simply highlight an area with your finger and tap Go. You can use this app to perfect other elements of your photos as well.
How do you edit shadows?
Effectively Remove Shadow from a Photo
- Step 1: Open the photo with a shadow in Inpaint.
- Step 2: Use the Marker tool to select a shadow area. Switch to the Marker tool on the toolbar and select the shadow area. …
- Step 3: Run the shadow removal process. Finally, run the restoration process – just click the ‘Erase’ button.
How do you create a drop shadow?
Create a drop shadow
- Select an object or group (or target a layer in the Layers panel).
- Choose Effect > Stylize > Drop Shadow.
- Set options for the drop shadow, and click OK: Mode. Specifies a blending mode for the drop shadow. Opacity. Specifies the percentage of opacity you want for the drop shadow. X Offset and Y Offset.
How do you expand a drop shadow?
Taking Apart the Drop Shadow
To get this go to Effect > Stylize > Drop Shadow and you’ll get the blow dialogue box to modify your drop shadow as you wish. However if you were to apply this effect and then Object > Expand it and drill down into the group it produces, you’d notice that it contains a raster element.
Can I mask a drop shadow in Photoshop?
To edit the drop shadow, we’ll use a layer mask rather than simply erasing the unwanted areas of the drop shadow. In this case, the menu command Layer> Add Layer Mask> Hide All is appropriate, which adds a layer mask that’s completely filled with black.