How do I downsize an image in Photoshop?
How to Reduce the Size of an Image Using Photoshop
- With Photoshop open, go to File > Open and select an image.
- Go to Image > Image Size.
- An Image Size dialog box will appear like the one pictured below.
- Enter new pixel dimensions, document size, or resolution. …
- Select Resampling Method. …
- Click OK to accept the changes.
How do I change the size of an image in Photoshop without stretching it?
Choose Edit > Content-Aware Scale. Use the bottom transformation handle to click-and-drag it to the top. Then, click on the checkmark found on the Options panel to commit to the changes. Then, press Ctrl D (Windows) or Command D (macOS) to deselect, and now, you have a piece that perfectly fits within the space.
How do I resize a JPEG image?
How To Resize An Image
- Open the image in Paint.
- Select the entire image using the Select button in the Home tab and choose Select All. …
- Open the Resize and Skew window by navigating to the Home tab and selecting the Resize button.
- Use the Resize fields to change the size of the image either by percentage or by pixels.
What is the shortcut to resize an image in Photoshop?
To resize an image or selection, hold down Shift, then drag any of the corner handles.
What is the best resolution for Photoshop?
Choosing an Image Resolution for Print or Screen in Photoshop Elements 9
|Output Device||Optimum||Acceptable Resolution|
|Professional photo lab printers||300 ppi||200 ppi|
|Desktop laser printers (black and white)||170 ppi||100 ppi|
|Magazine quality — offset press||300 ppi||225 ppi|
|Screen images (Web, slide shows, video)||72 ppi||72 ppi|