How do you reset the tool in Photoshop?
To return tools to their default settings, right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) the tool icon in the options bar, and then choose Reset Tool or Reset All Tools from the context menu.
How do I reset Photoshop to default settings?
Using a keyboard shortcut
- Quit Photoshop.
- Hold down the following keyboard shortcut and launch Photoshop: macOS: command + option + shift. …
- Open Photoshop.
- Click Yes in the dialog that asks “Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?” New preferences files will be created in their original location.
How do I reset line tool?
Select the Line tool. Right click on the line tool icon on the left of the Options bar and choose Reset Tool.
How do I reset Adobe settings?
Restore all preferences and default settings
- (Windows) Start InCopy, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete the preference files.
- (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InCopy. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete the preference files.
Why does my brush size disappears in Photoshop?
Here’s the problem: Check your Caps Lock key. It’s turned on, and turning it on changes your Brush cursor from displaying brush size to displaying the crosshair. This is actually a feature to be used when you need to see the precise center of your brush.
Why is my Photoshop brush a crosshair?
Press the ‘Caps Lock’ key while using one of the brushes. It toggles between a circle and a crosshair view. If it’s always wrong when opening Photoshop change the default behavior in Edit –> Preferences –> Cursors. There you can select ‘Normal Brush Tip’.
Where is the gradient tool on Photoshop?
How to use the gradient tool in Photoshop
- Select a shape in Photoshop.
- With a shape tool selected, go to the “Fill” box in the selection bar at the top of the screen.
- In the drop-down window, click the gradient tab.
- In “Layers” on the right-hand side, double-click the layer thumbnail for your shape.