How do I make portraits look better in Lightroom?
Lightroom tips: Essential portrait edits
- Plot the curve top heavy to lift hightlights.
- The Saturation slider can boost colours too far, so use the Vibrance slider to target the weaker colours.
- Use the Adjustment Brush to target smaller areas.
- Dial in negative Clarity with the Adjustment brush to smooth skin.
How do professional photographers edit photos?
Here are the key steps for editing your photos:
- Crop your images and clean them up.
- Adjust white balance.
- Adjust exposure and contrast.
- Adjust color vibrancy and saturation.
- Sharpen images.
- Finalize and share.
Why do professional photos look different?
Lenses Make All the Difference
In many photos, the lens used is responsible for how they look. A telephoto lets you get super close to any action, wide-angle lenses let you show off a whole location, and portrait lenses blur out a background—that’s something that your smartphone can only do with digital trickery.
Is Adobe Lightroom free?
Lightroom for mobile and tablets is a free app that gives you a powerful, yet simple solution for capturing, editing and sharing your photos. And you can upgrade for premium features that give you precise control with seamless access across all your devices – mobile, desktop and web.