If you’re okay with losing your layers, the rasterize option is an excellent solution to disable smart objects. With your smart object layer selected, right-click, and select ‘Rasterize Layer. ‘ Your smart object will turn off and convert back to a regular layer.
How do you make a smart object not smart in Photoshop?
To change that behavior so they get embedded as rasterized layers, head to Edit > Preferences General on a PC or Photoshop > Preferences > General. on a Mac. Uncheck “Always Create Smart Objects When Placing,” and click “OK.”
How do you change a smart object to normal in Photoshop?
Converting a Smart Object to a regular layer
- Select the Smart Object, then choose Layer > Smart Objects > Rasterize.
- Select the Smart Object, then choose Layer > Rasterize > Smart Object.
- Right-click the Smart Object in the Layers panel and choose Rasterize Layer.
How do you separate a smart object in Photoshop?
To duplicate the layer, you click and drag the smart object layer down to the Create New Layer icon at the bottom of the Layers panel in Photoshop. When you get there, you let go, which results in two smart object layers now in the Layers panel. One is the original and one is the duplicate.
How do you ungroup a smart object?
Hold the Shift key down and drag from the Smart Object Window to your original document window with the Move Tool. Delete the Smart Object layer.
How do you make a smart object directly editable?
Follow these steps to edit the contents of a Smart Object:
- In your document, select the Smart Object layer in the Layers panel.
- Choose Layer→Smart Objects→Edit Contents. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box. …
- Edit your file ad nauseam.
- Choose File→Save to incorporate the edits.
- Close your source file.
Why is the smart object not directly editable?
Convert Smart Object to a Normal Layer. Another possible reason for the error “Could not complete your request because the smart object is not directly editable” is that the smart object contains data in a non-destructive container file. Therefore, you are not allowed to directly edit this smart object file.
How do you turn a Smart Object back?
To turn off your smart object and convert it back to layers, first, right-click on your smart object. Then select ‘Convert To Layers.
How do I relink a vector Smart Object in Photoshop?
Fix a broken linked Smart Object
- Right-click on the Smart Object and choose Relink to File;
- Navigate to the new location of the source file;
- Click Place to fix the broken link.
What controls whether a raw file opens as a Smart Object into Photoshop?
To open a Camera Raw file as a Smart Object in Photoshop
If you want Camera Raw to convert and open all files as Smart Objects by default, click the underlined link at the bottom of the dialog, then in the Workflow Options dialog, check Open in Photoshop as Smart Objects.
What does smart object must be rasterized mean?
Being “Rasterized” means that it becomes an editable collection of pixels.
How do I unlink a shape in Photoshop?
Link and unlink layers
- Select the layers or groups in the Layers panel.
- Click the link icon at the bottom of the Layers panel.
- To unlink layers do one of the following: Select a linked layer, and click the link icon. To temporarily disable the linked layer, Shift-click the Link icon for the linked layer.