To create an intersecting selection, click the Intersect with selection in the Options bar, or press the Option + Shift keys (MacOS) or Alt + Shift keys (Windows) as you select an intersecting area.
How do you intersect two layers in Photoshop?
You can merge two adjacent layers or groups by selecting the top item and then choosing Layer > Merge Layers. You can merge linked layers by choosing Layer > Select Linked Layers, and then merging the selected layers.
How do you connect paths in Photoshop?
Combining paths in Photoshop
- Click on one of your paths in the paths palette. …
- Then click on another path in the paths palette and paste the first path into it (Edit>Paste or Cmd / Ctrl + V ).
- Both your paths will be on the same path.
- Continue until all of your paths are in the same path.
How do I remove part of a shape in Photoshop?
In the Layers panel, select the layer containing the areas you want to erase. Select the Background Eraser tool . (If the tool isn’t visible, hold down the Eraser tool , and choose the Background Eraser from the pop-up menu.)
How do you subtract a layer?
To subtract a layer from a selection, press Ctrl Alt (Mac: Command Option) and click on the layer’s thumbnail.
How do you group all layers in Photoshop?
Group and link layers
- Select multiple layers in the Layers panel.
- Do one of the following: Choose Layer > Group Layers. Alt-drag (Windows) or Option-drag (Mac OS) layers to the folder icon at the bottom of the Layers panel to group the layers.
- To Ungroup the layers, select the group and choose Layer > Ungroup Layers.
How do you manipulate shapes in Photoshop?
To manipulate the shape, drag the control points, a segment of the bounding box or mesh, or an area within the mesh. When adjusting a curve, use the control point handles. This is similar to adjusting the handles in the curved segment of a vector graphic.