How do you erase in Illustrator?
Delete objects or layers
- Select the objects and then press Backspace (Windows) or Delete.
- Select the objects and then choose Edit > Clear or Edit > Cut.
Is there an erase tool in Illustrator?
All of Illustrator’s tools work on the active selection, so before you can erase anything, you have to choose the parts of the image to erase. Hold down “Shift” while clicking on areas of the image to add to the selection, press “Ctrl,” and then click on an area to remove it from the selection.
How do you erase part of an image in Illustrator?
First, load an Illustrator project and select the Eraser tool in the main Tools panel (or press Shift+E). Click and drag on the artboard to start erasing areas of your image. If you erase an object and split it into multiple sections, it will separate the objects so they can be moved and edited independently.
Why can’t I erase something in Illustrator?
The Adobe Illustrator Eraser tool has no effect whatsoever on Illustrator’s Symbols. … If it is, you must click on the Break Link to Symbol button in the Symbols panel, thereby expanding the Symbol’s appearance, in order to edit it using the Eraser tool.
How do I erase without changing the stroke in Illustrator?
Select the Selection Tool ( ) from the toolbar or press the keyboard shortcut (v). Click the part that you cut with Scissors Tool and press the delete or backspace key.
How do you smooth lines in Illustrator?
Using the Smooth Tool
- Scribble or draw a rough path with the paintbrush or pencil.
- Keep the path selected and select the smooth tool.
- Click then drag the smooth tool across your selected path.
- Repeat the steps until you get the result you want.
How do I delete part of an image in Illustrator using IPAD?
Edit with Eraser tool
For quick editing, Eraser tool is available upfront in the toolbar. Tap to use the Eraser tool. To set the size of the eraser, specify the size in the Eraser size option at the bottom of the toolbar or choose a value using the slider. To use the Eraser tool, drag over the area you want to erase.
How do you use the fill tool in Illustrator?
Illustrator also allows you to remove the fill from the object.
- Click the “Selection Tool” or “Direct Selection Tool” icons, which are the black or white arrows in the Tools panel, and then click the object you want to fill. …
- Click the “Fill” icon in the Tools panel or press “X” to activate the Fill tool.