Press the “Backspace” key, click on the trash can-shaped “Delete” button in the Control panel or click on the equivalent “Delete” button at the bottom of the Artboards panel. Adobe Illustrator deletes the artboard but not the artwork on it.
How do you delete an extra picture in Illustrator?
- Click and hold the Eraser ( ) tool to see and choose the Knife ( )tool.
- Do one of the following: To cut in a curved path, drag the pointer over the object. …
- Choose Select > Deselect. Note: …
- Click and drag each part using the Direct Selection ( ) tool.
Why can’t I erase part of an image in Illustrator?
The eraser in the Adobe Illustrator does not actually earse anything it just deletes Nodes of any artwork. So you can’t erase image in Adobe Illustrator image doesn’t have any node. Although if you can trace image from image trace option than you can do it as now it has nodes.
How do I make part of an image transparent in Illustrator?
Change the opacity of artwork
Select an object or group (or target a layer in the Layers panel). To change the opacity of a fill or stroke, select the object, and then select the fill or stroke in the Appearance panel. Set the Opacity option in the Transparency panel or Control panel.
How do I remove text from an image in Illustrator?
Here’s how to get around it:
- Erasing Images: Using the Brush tool, draw over the image area that you want to erase. …
- Erasing Text: Choose “Type” > “Create Outlines” from the top menu to convert your text into an outline, and then use the Eraser tool.
How do I convert an image to a path in Illustrator?
To convert the tracing object to paths and to manually editing the vector artwork, choose Object > Image Trace > Expand.
Trace an image
- Choose one of the default presets by clicking the icons on top of the panel. …
- Choose a preset from the Preset drop-down menu.
- Specify the tracing options.
How do you vector an image?
How to Vectorize an Image
- Open your pixel-based file in Illustrator. …
- Switch to the Tracing Workspace. …
- Select the image on your artboard. …
- Check Preview. …
- Check out the Presets and in the Tracing Panel. …
- Switch up the Color Slider to change the Color Complexity.
- Open the Advanced panel to adjust Paths, Corners and Noise.
Can you hide an artboard in Illustrator?
To hide the artboard boundaries, choose View > Hide Artboards. The canvas is the area outside the artboard that extends to the edge of the 220-inches square window. The canvas represents a space on which you can create, edit, and store elements of artwork before moving them onto an artboard.