How do I replace an image in Photoshop?
To do this:
- Select File > Place Embedded.
- Select the new image you’d like to use.
- Position the new image layer directly above the layer of the image you would like to replace.
- Right click on the new image layer and click “Create Clipping Mask” (or Ctrl+Alt click)
How do I cut something out of a picture and replace it?
Open the image you’d like to put your cut-out into, then select Paste from the Edit menu. Select the Move tool from the toolbox, which is the cross-shaped tool with four arrows, then click on the cut-out image with the Move tool, hold down your mouse’s select button and drag the cursor to move the cut-out around.
How do I remove part of an image in Photoshop?
Auto Erase with the Pencil tool
- Specify foreground and background colors.
- Select the Pencil tool .
- Select Auto Erase in the options bar.
- Drag over the image. If the center of the cursor is over the foreground color when you begin dragging, the area is erased to the background color.
How do I cut out a picture and remove the background?
Select the picture that you want to remove the background from. Select Picture Format > Remove Background, or Format > Remove Background. If you don’t see Remove Background, make sure you selected a picture. You might have to double-click the picture to select it and open the Format tab.
Can you edit a smart object in Photoshop?
Edit the contents of a Smart Object
When you save changes to the source content, the edits appear in all linked instances of the Smart Object in the Photoshop document. Select the Smart Object from the Layers panel, and do one of the following: Choose Layer > Smart Objects > Edit Contents.
How do I remove unwanted objects in Photoshop 2020?
Begin with a selection
Select the Object Selection tool in the Toolbar and drag a loose rectangle or lasso around the item you want to remove. The tool automatically identifies the object inside the area you define and shrinks the selection to the object edges.
How do I make an image transparent in Photoshop 2020?
To do this, you’ll need to create a transparent background.
- Click on File, then New in Photoshop and a new window will appear.
- Go to the section that says, “Background Contents” and select Transparent then click OK.