Select the first object with the Selection tool and then hold down the Shift key and click a second object. Choose Object→Group or press Ctrl+G (Windows) or Command+G (Mac). Choose Select→Deselect and then click one of the objects with the Selection tool. Both objects become selected.
What does it mean to group in Illustrator?
By Jennifer Smith. Keep objects together by grouping them in Adobe Illustrator CC. The Group function is handy when you’re creating something from multiple objects, such as a logo. Using the Group function, you can ensure that all objects that make up the logo stay together when you move, rotate, scale, or copy it.
Can you create layer folders in Illustrator?
You can move items between folders and create subfolders within folders. The structure of layers in your document can be as simple or complex as you want it to be. … However, you can create new layers and move items into them, or move elements from one layer to another at any time.
How do I group in Adobe?
How to group objects in Adobe Captivate
- Hold down the Shift key (on Win) or Command key (on Mac) and click the objects that you want to group. You can also select existing groups to combine them into a single group. Note: …
- Click Edit > Create Group.
- In the Property Inspector, specify a name for the group, if required.
Where is the group selection tool in Illustrator?
Located in the Tools panel (in a subfolder of the Direct Selection tool), the Group Selection tool allows you to retain your current grouping arrangements, while still being able to select objects with a click of the mouse.
How do you add something to a group?
To add an object to a group:
- Click (regular left-click) the group of 3.
- Hold the shift key down while clicking the 4th object. By holding shift down you’re telling the computer you want all objects to be active (or selected).
- Release the mouse, and on the keyboard press Ctrl+G.
How do you explode a group in Illustrator?
Right-click anywhere on the group and select “Ungroup” from the context menu that appears. Alternatively, click “Object” in the top menu bar, click “Group or Object” from the drop-down menu, and then click “Ungroup.” The objects ungroup.
How do you create a new layer in Illustrator?
To make a new layer, click the Create New Layer button at the bottom of the Layers panel. A new layer is added above the selected layer named Back. To change its name, double click the layer name and change it to Front, and press Enter or Return.
What is the shortcut to add a new layer?
To create a new layer press Shift-Ctrl-N (Mac) or Shift+Ctrl+N (PC). To create a new layer using a selection (layer via copy), press Ctrl + J (Mac and PC).
Can you group layers on Illustrator?
To merge items into a single layer or group, hold down Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac OS) and click the names of the layers or groups that you want to merge. Alternatively, hold down Shift to select all listings in between the layer or group names you click. Then, select Merge Selected from the Layers panel menu.
How do I group items in Adobe Acrobat Pro?
- Select the objects to be grouped or the group to be ungrouped.
- On Mac, choose either Object > Group or Object > Ungroup from the main menu, or select Group or Ungroup from the context menu.
Why can’t i group in Illustrator?
Your problem with grouping in Adobe Illustrator is possibly one or a combination of situations. It may be the objects you are trying to group are locked. It can be that you have not correctly selected the objects you are wanting to group. This can pertains to an object being locked.