How do I copy an item in Photoshop?
How to Copy & Paste in Photoshop
- Click either the Marquee tool or the Lasso tool icon. …
- Click and drag on an image to select the area you want to copy. …
- Press “Control-C” to copy the selected part of the current layer. …
- Open the image you want to paste into.
- Press “Control-V” to paste the selection.
How do I resize an object in Photoshop?
Holding down Shift + Alt (Windows) or Shift + Option (Mac) while clicking and dragging a handle will resize an object proportionally from its center if you click a corner handle, or will adjust opposite sides equally if you are using a side handle.
How do you duplicate a shape?
Select your first shape and press CTRL + D to duplicate it. Re-organize and align the pasted shape as you want to have it. When you are done with the alignment of the second shape, then use CTRL + D several times again to make your other copies of the shape.
What is Ctrl J in Photoshop?
Ctrl + J (New Layer Via Copy) — Can be used to duplicate the active layer into a new layer. If a selection is made, this command will only copy the selected area into the new layer.
What is Ctrl I in Photoshop?
Adobe Photoshop Keyboard Shortcuts
|Alt Ctrl C||Canvas Size in Photoshop|