How do I change the Eraser shape in Illustrator?
Hold Option/Alt while you click and drag with the tool to create a cutting area shaped like a rectangle. Cut whole straight-edged chunks off anything you’ve drawn. Hold Shift+Option/Alt, and the Eraser tool constrains it to a square. Another really excellent use of the Eraser tool is to refine drawn brush lines.
How do I change the selection size in Illustrator?
- Click the “Selection” tool, or arrow, from the Tools panel and click to select the object you want to resize.
- Choose the “Scale” tool from Tools panel.
- Click anywhere on the stage and drag up to increase the height; drag across to increase the width.
What is the shortcut key to increase the size of eraser?
You must click “+” or “-” on the numeric key pad, not the one next to Backspace. Continue to click the “Ctrl” and then “+” or “-” until the eraser is larger/smaller. Each time you click the two keys, the eraser will increase or decrease by one pixel.
What is the shortcut key of eraser tool?
Keys for selecting tools
|Cycle through tools that have the same keyboard shortcut||Shift-press keyboard shortcut (preference setting, Use Shift Key for Tool Switch, must be enabled)|
|Eraser tool Background Eraser tool Magic Eraser tool||E|
|Brush tool Impressionist Brush Color Replacement tool||B|
How can we increase the size of eraser in paint?
How to Increase the Size of the Eraser in MS Paint
- Select the “Eraser” icon in the Tools section of the Home tab. This icon is in the form of a small pink eraser.
- Select the “Size” icon in the Home tab, located to the left of the color palette.
- Select the size of the eraser from the four choices provided.
Why can’t I use the eraser tool in Illustrator?
The Adobe Illustrator Eraser tool has no effect whatsoever on Illustrator’s Symbols. If you try to edit what looks like a regular Illustrator object but can’t use the Eraser tool to alter it, open the Symbols panel and make sure your object isn’t a Symbol.
How do you smooth a path in Illustrator?
Using the Smooth Tool
- Scribble or draw a rough path with the paintbrush or pencil.
- Keep the path selected and select the smooth tool.
- Click then drag the smooth tool across your selected path.
- Repeat the steps until you get the result you want.
How do I resize an image without distorting in Illustrator?
Currently, if you want to resize an object (by clicking and dragging a corner) without distorting it, you need to hold down the shift key.