To outline an image in Photoshop, double click on your layer to open the Layer Styles panel. Select the “Stroke” style and set the stroke type to “Outside”. From here simply change the color and width of your outline to suit the look you want!
How do you outline an area in Photoshop?
Here are the steps to stroke a selection:
- Choose a foreground color and create a selection.
- Choose Edit→Stroke (Outline) Selection. The Stroke dialog box opens.
- Select your desired settings. …
- Click OK to apply the stroke.
How do I add a border to a layer in Photoshop?
Adding a border
- Select the Postage layer, and then use the Move tool ( …
- Select the Island Paradise layer in the Layers panel, and then click the Create A New Layer button ( …
- Choose Select > All.
- Choose Select > Modify > Border. …
- Select white for the Foreground Color, and then choose Edit > Fill.