How do I put an object on a path in Photoshop?
Create a new work path
- Select a shape tool or a pen tool, and click the Paths button in the options bar.
- Set tool-specific options, and draw the path. For more information, see Shape tool options and About the Pen tools.
- Draw additional path components if desired.
How do you stroke a path in Photoshop?
To stroke the path, do one of the following:
- Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) the Stroke Path button at the bottom of the Paths panel.
- Alt-drag (Windows) or Option-drag (Mac OS) the path to the Stroke Path button.
- Choose Stroke Path from the Paths panel menu.
What does Ctrl R do in Photoshop?
Photoshop Keyboard Shortcuts: General Tips & Shortcuts
- Unlock your background layer – Double click your background layer and hit the “enter” key or simply click on the lock icon on your background layer.
- Rulers – Command/Ctrl + R.
- Create Guides – Click and drag from the rulers while they are visible.
How do you turn a stroke into a path?
How to Stroke a Path in the Paths Panel in Photoshop CS6
- Select the path in the Paths panel. Then, select Stroke Path from the Paths panel pop-up menu. …
- In the dialog box that opens, select one of the many painting or editing tools that you want to use to apply color to the stroke. Click OK.
Why can’ti stroke a path Photoshop?
make sure you have a regular layer selected, with Normal style and 100% opacity and fill. This means no Fill, or Path Layers. make sure you’ve set your brush correctly. You can use a default brush, which should work right away.
How do I turn a vector into a path?
You convert type to vector shapes and paths in order to edit it with the Pen tools. Here are the ways to do that: To convert type to an editable work path, choose Type→Create Work Path. To convert type to shapes, choose Type→Convert to Shape.
How do I turn a Pen path into a selection?
Fill a path
Select the Pen tool using the shortcut P. To make a selection, click two points to create a line between them, and drag a point to create a curved line. Use Alt/opt-drag your lines to change them. Ctrl/right-click your path in the Paths tab on the right, and then choose Fill Path to create a shape from it.