To resize a layer or a selected object within a layer, select “Transform” from the Edit menu and click “Scale.” Eight square anchor points appear around the object. Drag any of these anchor points to resize the object. If you want to constrain the proportions, hold down the “Shift” key while dragging.
How do you shrink a selection in Photoshop?
When you have made a selection in Photoshop, you can easily make that selection a few pixels larger of smaller by choosing Select > Modify. To make your selection bigger choose Expand, to make the selection smaller, choose Contract.
How do I resize a selected area in Photoshop?
In the Layers panel, select one or more layers that contain images or objects you want to resize. Choose Edit > Free Transform. A transform border appears around all the content on the selected layers. Hold the Shift key to avoid distorting the content, and drag the corners or edges until it is the desired size.
How do I resize an image in Photoshop 2020?
Change the size of an image
- Choose Image > Image Size.
- Measure width and height in pixels for images you plan to use online or in inches (or centimeters) for images to print. Keep the link icon highlighted to preserve proportions. …
- Select Resample to change the number of pixels in the image. …
- Click OK.
What is Ctrl I in Photoshop?
Ctrl + I (Invert Selection) — Select the opposite of what is already selected. Also a good tool when working with mask creation. Ctrl + D (Deselect) — After working with your selection, use this combo to discard it.
What is the shortcut key to resize an image?
Resize rectangular and oval selections by holding down the the alt (option) and while using the arrow keys. The up and down arrow keys zoom the image in and out. If there is a selection, you must also hold down either the shift or the control key.
How do you increase a selection in Photoshop?
Expand or contract a selection by a specific number of pixels
- Use a selection tool to make a selection.
- Choose Select > Modify > Expand or Contract.
- For Expand By or Contract By, enter a pixel value between 1 and 100, and click OK. The border is increased or decreased by the specified number of pixels.
How do you resize text on Photoshop?
How to resize text
- Open the Photoshop document with the text you want to edit. …
- Select the Move tool in the toolbar.
- In the options bar, do this: …
- Click to select the text you want to resize.
- In the transform box that appears, drag one of the anchor points to resize your text proportionally.