How do you select specific text in Photoshop?
You can select text in Photoshop Elements by choosing the type tool you used to create the text. Then click into the text to select to place it into “Edit” mode. Click and drag over the text to select within the text bounding box or within the lines of point text. Doing this then highlights and selects the text.
How do you select and edit in Photoshop?
Expand or contract a selection by a specific number of pixels
- Use a selection tool to make a selection.
- Choose Select > Modify > Expand or Contract.
- For Expand By or Contract By, enter a pixel value between 1 and 100, and click OK. The border is increased or decreased by the specified number of pixels.
Which button is used to edit the text in Photoshop?
Open up your layers panel by going to Window > Layers. In the list of layers in your Layers panel, find the text you want to edit and double-click the large T button. This will highlight all of the text in that layer. You can then click your cursor in that text to select, delete, or add more text.
How do you select everything on a layer in Photoshop?
Ctrl-clicking or Command-clicking the layer thumbnail selects the nontransparent areas of the layer.
- To select all layers, choose Select > All Layers.
- To select all layers of a similar type (for example all type layers), select one of the layers, and choose Select > Similar Layers.
How do I edit a quick selection in Photoshop?
Quick Selection tool
- Select the Quick Selection tool . …
- In the options bar, click one of the selection options: New, Add To, or Subtract From. …
- To change the brush tip size, click the Brush pop-up menu in the options bar, and type in a pixel size or drag the slider. …
- Choose Quick Selection options:
How do I edit part of a picture?
Edit Part of a Photo
- Create a linear gradient by tapping the plus sign, then selecting the square box on the right.
- Select the area of the photo you want to adjust by dragging over it (indicated by a red wash effect). …
- Tap the Light menu to adjust the exposure or contrast to your liking.
How can I edit text in a picture?
Edit text in an image
Edit the style and content of any Type layer. To edit text on a type layer, select the type layer in the Layers panel and select the Horizontal or Vertical Type tool in the Tools panel. Make a change to any of the settings in the options bar, such as font or text color.
How do you edit text in Photoshop Express?
Editing Text in Photoshop Elements 10
- Select the Type tool from the Tools panel.
- Select your desired type layer on the Layers panel or click within the text to automatically select the type layer.
- Do one of the following: …
- When you’re done editing your text, click the Commit button.
How do you edit individual letters in Photoshop?
With the letter selected, press Command + T (Mac) or Control + T (PC) to transform the individual letter. Hover over any corner of the transform box and click and drag to rotate. Press Enter to commit to the changes.
How do I invert a selection in Photoshop?
Invert a selection
In a photo with an existing selection border, choose Select > Inverse. Note: You can use this command to easily select an object that appears against a solid-colored area. Select the solid color using the Magic Wand tool, and then choose Select > Inverse.
How do you smooth a selection in Photoshop?
To fix this common issue, create a mask from your selection and go into the “Properties” window. Here you’ll find the sliders in question. Increase the “Smooth” slider slightly to smooth out those rough edges. After that, use the “Feather” slider to slightly envelope the area in question to ensure no areas are lost.