Select the Smart Object in the Layers panel. Choose Layer→Smart Objects→Export Contents. In the Save dialog box, navigate to your destination and click Save. If your Smart Object was created from layers, it exports in the PSB format.
How do I save an object in Photoshop?
- Choose File > Save As.
- Choose a format from the Format menu.
- Specify a filename and location.
- In the Save As dialog box, select saving options.
- Click Save. A dialog box appears for choosing options when saving in some image formats.
How do I just save part of an image in Photoshop?
Export files in different formats
- Navigate to File > Export > Quick Export As [image format].
- Go to the Layers panel. Select the layers, layer groups, or artboards you want to export. Right-click your selection and choose Quick Export As [image format] from the context menu.
What is Photoshop file format?
Photoshop format (PSD) is the default file format and the only format, besides the Large Document Format (PSB), that supports all Photoshop features. … You can save 16-bits-per-channel and high dynamic range (HDR) 32-bits-per-channel images as PSD files.
How do I save a layer in Photoshop as a JPEG?
How can I export PSD layers, layer groups or artboards as PNG?
- Go to the the Layers panel.
- Select the layers, layer groups, or artboards you want to save as image assets.
- Right-click your selection and select Quick Export As PNG from the context menu.
- Choose a destination folder and export the image.
How do I save a selection as a JPEG in Photoshop?
To save a file with Save As:
- With the image open in Photoshop, select File > Save As.
- A dialog box will appear. …
- Click the Format menu, then choose the desired file format. …
- Click Save.
- Some file formats, such as JPEG and TIFF, will give you additional options when saving.
Can Photoshop convert negative to positive?
Photoshop contains a simple command for converting negatives to positives and vice versa, namely image => adjustments => invert. Invert works perfectly with black and white negatives. … Therefore the simplest way to convert color film negative scan to positive is to first remove the orange cast.
How do I cut a shape in half in Photoshop?
To ‘split’ it, I assume you are referring to one image that encompasses one layer. If this is the case, just create a selection of the half you want to split, cut or copy it, then paste that half as a new layer.
How do you cut a smart object in Photoshop?
Follow these steps to edit the contents of a Smart Object:
- In your document, select the Smart Object layer in the Layers panel.
- Choose Layer→Smart Objects→Edit Contents. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box. …
- Edit your file ad nauseam.
- Choose File→Save to incorporate the edits.
- Close your source file.
How do I change the size of a smart object in Photoshop?
Press-and-hold the Shift key (to keep your resizing proportional), grab a corner point, and drag inward to shrink your photo down in size (as shown here).
Can you use a clone stamp on a smart object in Photoshop?
Using the Clone Stamp (and other Pixel-Based Changes) with a Smart Object. … Since they protect the original image (or any layer you place inside of it), it means that you can not make any pixel-based changes since that defeats the purpose of using a smart object.