How do I save artwork in Illustrator?
- Select the artboard you would like to save out by selecting the artwork on that artboard.
- Go to File>Export>Save for Web (Legacy)
- A dialogue box will appear. Select JPEG and lower your quality down to 60%. …
- Check to make sure your photo size is around 100K or less before you save it. …
- Click save.
How do I convert an Illustrator file to PDF?
Choose File→Save As, select Illustrator PDF (. pdf) from the Save As Type drop-down list, and then click Save. In the Adobe PDF Options dialog box that appears, choose one of these options from the Preset drop-down list: Illustrator Default: Creates a PDF file in which all Illustrator data is preserved.
How do I save an Illustrator artboard as a PDF?
Create a multiple-page Adobe PDF
- Create multiple artboards in a document.
- Choose File > Save As, and select Adobe PDF forSave As Type.
- Do one of the following: To save all of the artboards to one PDF, select All. …
- Click Save, and set additional PDF options in the Save Adobe PDF dialog box.
- Click Save PDF.
How do you find the bleed area in Illustrator?
HOW TO ADD A BLEED TO AN EXISTING ADOBE Illustrator DOCUMENT
- Open the document.
- Click File > Document setup.
- In the first box next to “Bleed” hit the arrow under “Top” just once until it reads “0.125 in”. The other boxes will auto-populate.
- Click “OK”
How do you hide an Adobe Illustrator layer?
To hide all objects above an object in a layer, select the object and choose Object > Hide > All Artwork Above. To hide all unselected layers, choose Hide Others from the Layers panel menu, or Alt‑click (Windows) or Option‑click (Mac OS) the eye icon for the layer you want to show.
How big should a bleed be for printing?
The standard bleed area for documents larger than 18 x 24 inches is generally . 5 inches.
A standard bleed area is generally . 125 inches on each side.
|Document||Size||Size w/ Bleed|
|Letter (standard) paper||8.5″ x 11″||8.625″ x 11.125″|
Why is there a red box around my artboard in Illustrator?
Bleed Line – the red bleed line indicates where your photos, illustrations, and objects must extend to in order for your document to have proper bleeds. In this case, the mustard colored box at the top must extend to the left, top, and right (not shown) bleed line.
What should I save an Illustrator file as?
You can save Illustrator files in any of these formats:
- AI, Illustrator’s native format and AIT (Illustrator templates).
- EPS, a widely supported vector format used for sharing files with other vector-editing apps and printers.
- Adobe PDF, a portable vector format accessible to anyone with Acrobat Reader.
How do I save a 300 dpi PNG in Illustrator?
To make sure that your design is in 300 DPI in Adobe Illustrator, go to Effects -> Document Raster Effects Settings -> check “High Quality 300 DPI” -> click “OK” -> save your document.