How do I reset Illustrator to default settings?
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut
Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as you start Illustrator. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Illustrator.
How do I restore Illustrator file?
Recover from an Illustrator Backup
- Inside Illustrator, go to Edit > Preferences > File Handling & Clipboard.
- Ensure that Automatically Save Recovery Data Every: is enabled.
- If you want to change the location where backups are stored, click on Choose… to specify a location.
How do I empty the scratch disk in Illustrator?
Change the scratch disk preference
- Choose Illustrator > Preferences > Plug-ins & Scratch Disk.
- Choose a hard disk from the Primary pop-up menu. If you intend to work with large images and have more than one hard disk, choose another disk from the Secondary pop-up menu.
- Click OK and restart Illustrator.
How do you reset color settings in Illustrator?
AFAIK, the default settings is Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6.0. Go Edit>Color Settings and select it in the dropdown at the top of the dialog. If this does not help, you may try deleting the AIPREFS file (backup the old one just in case) which resets everything to the factory defaults.
How do I reset my Helpx settings in Illustrator?
- Select Edit > Preferences > General > Reset Preferences.
- Press and hold Alt+Ctrl+Shift as you start Illustrator.
How do I run a diagnostic in Illustrator?
Click on “Run Diagnostics” > select to launch Illustrator in “Safe Mode” > click on each item in the list that cause AI crash error (such as corrupted fonts, plug-ins or out-of-date drivers, etc.). Step 4. Check the troubleshooting tips for each item and follow tips to correct problems.
How do you recover Illustrator files after it crashes cs6?
Restart Illustrator to auto-recover files
When Illustrator crashes, the rule of thumb is to restart the app. If the app doesn’t respond, force quit and then restart it. On restarting Illustrator, app auto-recovery process gets initiated and opens up all the unsaved files with the Recovered suffix.
What to do if Illustrator stops responding?
What can I do if Adobe Illustrator is not responding?
- Uninstall and reinstall Adobe Illustrator. In case you’re looking for the safest way to make Adobe Illustrator respond again, start this troubleshooting guide by uninstalling Adobe Illustrator. …
- Try forcing Adobe Illustrator to end. …
- Turn your computer off and on again.
How do I clear my Windows scratch disk?
How to clear Photoshop scratch disk on Windows?
- Step 1: Open Edit menu on Photoshop.
- Step 2: Select the preferences option from the drop-down on the screen.
- Step 3: In preferences, select the scratch disk option to open up the Scratch Disk menu.
How do I speed up my Illustrator file?
Why Is Illustrator So Slow – How To Improve Illustrator…
- Increase The Amount Of Available Memory. …
- Control The Fonts. …
- Restrict The Number Of Startup Programs. …
- Work In The Outline View Mode. …
- Create Custom Views. …
- Change The Settings Of Raster Effects. …
- Hide Layers And Delete Thumbnails.