Select an object or group (or target a layer in the Layers panel). To change the opacity of a fill or stroke, select the object, and then select the fill or stroke in the Appearance panel. Set the Opacity option in the Transparency panel or Control panel.
How do I make white transparent in Illustrator?
- Open the problematic EPS file (with the opaque/white background) in Illustrator.
- Make and save a copy of the file, but preserve the original. …
- Change the file format to “EPS”
- Click “Save,” then open the dialog box labeled “EPS Options.
- Select “Transparent” from the options in the dialog box.
- Click “OK”.
What can you adjust in the transparency panel?
You can change the opacity of a single object, the opacity of all objects in a group or layer, or the opacity of an object’s fill or stroke. Select an object or group (or target a layer in the Layers panel).
How do I make a white background transparent?
Select the picture that you want to create transparent areas in. Click Picture Tools > Recolor > Set Transparent Color. In the picture, click the color you want to make transparent.