Why does Photoshop say smart object is not directly editable?
Another reason for the “Could not complete your request because the smart object is not directly editable” error is that you are trying to use a grid-based tool on the shape layer. The solution is to rasterize the layer so that you can use raster-based tools. … Here’s a quick guide on how to rasterize the layer: Step 1.
How do you blend pictures without Photoshop?
With these easy-to-use online tools, you can combine photos vertically or horizontally, with or without a border, and all for free.
- PineTools. PineTools lets you quickly and easily merge two photos into a single picture. …
- IMGonline. …
- OnlineConvertFree. …
- PhotoFunny. …
- Make Photo Gallery. …
- Photo Joiner.
Why does Photoshop say selected area empty?
You get that message because the selected part of the layer you are working on is empty..
How do I unlock an image layer in Photoshop?
Lock or unlock a layer
- Click the Lock all pixels icon in the Layers panel, to lock all layer properties. Click the icon again to unlock them.
- Click the Lock Transparency icon in the Layers panel, to lock the transparent areas of the layer, so that no painting occurs in them. Click the icon again to unlock.
How do you make a smart object editable in Photoshop 2020?
Edit the contents of a Smart Object
- Select the Smart Object from the Layers panel, and do one of the following: Choose Layer > Smart Objects > Edit Contents. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
- Make edits to the source content file, then choose File > Save.