Click the Fill/Adjustment layer icon at the bottom of the Layers panel and select Solid Color. Pick a color from the Color Picker that appears. You can move the round selector to adjust the color, and then click OK.
How do I add color to a layer mask?
Change the layer mask color or opacity
- Double-click the layer mask channel in the Channels panel.
- To choose a new mask color, in the Layer Mask Display Options dialog box, click the color swatch and choose a new color.
- To change the opacity, enter a value between 0% and 100%. …
- Click OK.
How do I fill a layer mask?
When you click on the layer mask thumbnail, the foreground/background colour will automatically turn to black/white. You can fill the whole layer in with Alt+Backspace (if black is foreground colour), or Ctrl+Backspace (if black is background colour).
How do I overlay color on an image in Photoshop?
Add your base image, the one you want to add an overlay to, onto the new layer. Open the Layer Style dialog box. Go to Styles and click Color Overlay. Select and apply an overlay color.
How do I color correct in Photoshop?
In the Adjustments panel, click the tool icon for the adjustment you want to make:
- For tonality and color, click Levels or Curves.
- For adjusting color, click Color Balance or Hue/Saturation.
- For converting a color image to black and white, click Black & White.
Why is my layer mask black?
The black on the mask completely conceals the texture layer, and the gray makes the layer partially visible. Painting on a mask allows you to be in charge of how much of the layer is visible.
Where is the Add layer mask button in Photoshop?
Create a layer mask
- Select a layer in the Layers panel.
- Click the Add layer mask button at the bottom of the Layers panel. A white layer mask thumbnail appears on the selected layer, revealing everything on the selected layer.