You can also use the Pen tool to draw a more precise path. Then, go to “Select” > “Modify” > “Feather” (or right-click on the selection and choose “Feather”).
How do I feather a path in Photoshop?
Feathering a Selection
- Using a selection tool, make your selection. …
- From the Select menu, select Modify » Feather… …
- In the Feather Radius text box, type your desired feather pixel value. …
- Click OK.
- You can now copy and paste your selection to a new image or an existing image.
How do I edit a clipping path in Photoshop?
Select the path you want to modify. Select the Convert Point tool, or use the Pen tool and hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS). Note: To activate the Convert Point tool while the Direct Selection tool is selected, position the pointer over an anchor point, and press Ctrl+Alt (Windows) or Command+Option (Mac OS).
How do you blend edges in Photoshop?
Depth of field blending
- Copy or place the images you want to combine into the same document. …
- Select the layers you want to blend.
- (Optional) Align the layers. …
- With the layers still selected, choose Edit > Auto-Blend Layers.
- Select the Auto-Blend Objective:
How do you blend layers in Photoshop?
Follow these steps to blend layers:
- Create a new document and then open all your source images. …
- Select all the layers and choose Edit→Auto-Align Layers. …
- Choose a projection method, then click OK.
- Select all the layers (avoiding the Background layer, if you have one) and choose Edit→Auto-Blend Layers.
How do I smooth edges quickly in Photoshop?
To fix this common issue, create a mask from your selection and go into the “Properties” window. Here you’ll find the sliders in question. Increase the “Smooth” slider slightly to smooth out those rough edges. After that, use the “Feather” slider to slightly envelope the area in question to ensure no areas are lost.
What is a clipping path Photoshop?
A clipping path is essentially a vector path that defines what part of the image is visible and what part is transparent. Typically a path is created around an object that you want to silhouette.
How do I blur the edges of a shape in Illustrator?
Feather the edges of an object
- Select the object or group (or target a layer in the Layers panel).
- Choose Effect > Stylize > Feather.
- Set the distance over which the object fades from opaque to transparent, and click OK. Original object selected (left) and using feather effect (right)