Photoshop houses layers in a single panel. To display the Layers panel, choose Window→Layers or, easier yet, press F7. The order of the layers in the Layers panel represents the order in the image.
Why is my Layers panel locked in Photoshop?
Why Is the Background Layer Locked in Photoshop? The background layer is locked because it is like the canvas for a painting. Everything is constructed above it. For this reason, the background layer doesn’t support certain features like transparency, and you can’t move or delete its contents.
How do I activate a panel in Photoshop?
Hide or show all panels
- To hide or show all panels, including the Tools panel and Control panel, press Tab.
- To hide or show all panels except the Tools panel and Control panel, press Shift+Tab.
What is the shortcut key for layer panel?
Keys for the Layers panel
|Select next layer down/up||Alt + [ or ]||Option + [ or ]|
|Move target layer down/up||Control + [ or ]||Command + [ or ]|
|Merge a copy of all visible layers into target layer||Control + Shift + Alt + E||Command + Shift + Option + E|
|Merge down||Control + E||Command + E|
How can you create a new layer?
Choose Layer > New > Layer or choose Layer > New > Group. Choose New Layer or New Group from the Layers panel menu. Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) the Create A New Layer button or New Group button in the Layers panel to display the New Layer dialog box and set layer options.
How do you simplify a layer?
Simplify the layer or imported layer group:
- If you selected a shape layer, click Simplify in the Tools Options bar.
- If you selected a type, shape, or fill layer, or a Photoshop layer group, choose Simplify Layer from either the Layer menu, or from the Layers panel flyout menu.
How do you unlock everything on Photoshop?
Command + Option +/ (Mac) | Control + Alt + / (Win) unlocks all layers (except the Background layer), regardless of which layers are selected. If a layer has locked attributes, pressing the “/” key will toggle the lock for those attributes (instead of toggling the lock for all attributes).
Where is the option panel in Photoshop?
The options bar appears below the menu bar at the top of the workspace. The options bar is context sensitive—it changes as you select different tools.
How do I open the Basic panel in Photoshop?
To open a panel, choose the name of the panel from the Window menu, or click the arrow next to the More button in the taskbar and select a panel.
How do I manage layers in Photoshop?
How to Manage Layers in Photoshop CS6
- Hide all the layers but one. Select the layer you want to display. Alt-click (Option-click on the Mac) the eye icon for that layer in the left column of the Layers panel. …
- Hide an individual layer. Click the eye icon for that layer.