Click and hold the Knife tool in the Tools panel and select the Scissors tool. Click in two places on the inner circle as shown. Select the cut segment with the Selection tool and press Delete to remove it.
How do you erase part of a line in Illustrator?
Erase part of a path using the Path Eraser tool
- Select the object.
- Select the Path Eraser tool .
- Drag the tool along the length of the path segment you want to erase. For best results, use a single, smooth, dragging motion.
How do I delete unwanted area in Illustrator?
All of Illustrator’s tools work on the active selection, so before you can erase anything, you have to choose the parts of the image to erase. Hold down “Shift” while clicking on areas of the image to add to the selection, press “Ctrl,” and then click on an area to remove it from the selection.
How do you edit lines in Illustrator?
Select the Direct Selection tool and click a path to see its anchor points. Click a point to select it. Shift-click to add or remove points from the selection, or drag across anchor points to select them. You can add points to a selected path by clicking the path with the Pen tool selected.
Why can’t I erase part of an image in Illustrator?
The eraser in the Adobe Illustrator does not actually earse anything it just deletes Nodes of any artwork. So you can’t erase image in Adobe Illustrator image doesn’t have any node. Although if you can trace image from image trace option than you can do it as now it has nodes.
Why can I not erase in Illustrator?
The Adobe Illustrator Eraser tool has no effect whatsoever on Illustrator’s Symbols. If you try to edit what looks like a regular Illustrator object but can’t use the Eraser tool to alter it, open the Symbols panel and make sure your object isn’t a Symbol.
How do I delete part of a picture?
Yes, the Erase tool.
- Right-click or Shift-click Costume1 and then choose Duplicate to preserve the original copy.
- Use the Erase tool to remove unwanted portions of the photo. …
- Click the Select tool, click and drag over the area you want to remove, and then click the Delete key on your keyboard.
How do you smooth lines in Illustrator?
Using the Smooth Tool
- Scribble or draw a rough path with the paintbrush or pencil.
- Keep the path selected and select the smooth tool.
- Click then drag the smooth tool across your selected path.
- Repeat the steps until you get the result you want.
Which tool would you use to edit a segment on a curved line?
Which tool would you use to edit a segment on a curved line. To edit a segment on a curved line, select the Direct selection tool and drag the segment to move it, or drag a direction handle on an anchor point to adjust the length and shape of the segment. How can you change the way the pencil tool works?
Where is the Delete Anchor Point tool?
The Delete Anchor Point Tool deletes anchors and reshapes existing vector shapes / paths (shape outlines). In the Toolbox, select the Delete Anchor Point Tool. Click on an anchor point to delete it. Click and drag to delete anchor point and reshape the line.
How do I delete multiple anchor points in Illustrator?
In Illustrator: Use the “Direct Selection Tool” and rectangle select the point’s you want to delete, once you select them then press the delete key on your keyboard. There you go!!