Press Alt+Shift (Option+Shift) and drag a point to make a smaller, perfect circle. Click and hold the Knife tool in the Tools panel and select the Scissors tool. Click in two places on the inner circle as shown. Select the cut segment with the Selection tool and press Delete to remove it.
How do you cut a circle in half in Illustrator 2020?
How to cut a circle in half with illustrator
- Here’s how you do it. Draw your circle.
- Select the knife tool.
- Holding down the ‘Option’ key on your Mac, with your shape selected, drag the knife across the circle in a straight line.
- Now you should be able to drag one shape away from the other. …
- And Voila! …
- Links that help.
How do I turn a path into a shape in Illustrator?
Convert paths to live shapes
To convert a path into a live shape, select it, and then click Object > Shape > Convert to Shape.
How do I cut a shape out of another shape in Photoshop?
Select the Magic Wand tool from the toolbox and then left-click the object that you want to cut out. This creates a selection around the area that you have clicked. Hold down “Shift” and click an adjacent section of the object if the entire object was not covered by the selection.
How do I cut a circle in half in Photoshop?
While holding down the shift key Draw out your circle starting at any intersecting of a horizontal and vertical grid line. use the fill tool to fill in the color of your choice. Next using the rectangular marquee tool “select” the circle in half and hit the delete key. A semicircle should remain.
How do you turn a shape into a path?
Convert a selection to a path
- Make the selection, and do one of the following: Click the Make Work Path button at the bottom of the Paths panel to use the current tolerance setting, without opening the Make Work Path dialog box. …
- Enter a Tolerance value or use the default value in the Make Work Path dialog box. …
- Click OK.
How do you fill a shape with lines in Illustrator?
Select the drawn object with the Selection tool, and then select the Stroke tool and a color from the swatch. This will color the lines and strokes in the object. Then, select the Fill tool and pick a color from the swatch. Clicking inside the object will fill it with the selected color or pattern.