In the Paths panel, select a path—either a vector mask for a shape layer, a work path, or a saved path. Choose Edit > Define Custom Shape, and enter a name for the new custom shape in the Shape Name dialog box. The new shape appears in the Shape pop-up panel in the options bar.
How do I draw a path in Photoshop?
Create a new work path
- Select a shape tool or a pen tool, and click the Paths button in the options bar.
- Set tool-specific options, and draw the path. For more information, see Shape tool options and About the Pen tools.
- Draw additional path components if desired.
How do I create a path outline in Photoshop?
Select the path in the Paths panel. Then, select Stroke Path from the Paths panel pop-up menu. Or hold down the Alt (Option on the Mac) key and click the Stroke path icon that has the brush icon (an outlined circle) at the bottom of the panel.
How do I turn a layer into a shape?
Convert an Illustrator layer into a shape layer
- Select the Illustrator layer to convert.
- Go to Layer > Create > Create Shapes from Vector Layer.
- Open and adjust the layer options for the newly created shape layer to take advantage of the unique animation possibilities provided by shape layers.
Which tool is used to draw curved lines?
The curved line drawing tool is used to create curved or straight lines. The curved line tool provides greater control over the shape of a polyline than the straight line tool (see Drawing With the Straight Line Tool).
What does Ctrl R do in Photoshop?
Photoshop Keyboard Shortcuts: General Tips & Shortcuts
- Unlock your background layer – Double click your background layer and hit the “enter” key or simply click on the lock icon on your background layer.
- Rulers – Command/Ctrl + R.
- Create Guides – Click and drag from the rulers while they are visible.
What is difference between path and shape?
A path is something drawn with a pen tool, having nodes and anchor points to make selection. You can also draw whatever you want, and it can convert it into stroke. A shape is something drawn with a pen tool, having a fill & stroke by nature.
What is the shape of path?
When you use the shape tools (Rectangle, Rounded Rectangle, Ellipse, Polygon, or Star) to draw a shape path on a shape layer, you can create one of two kinds of paths: a parametric shape path or a Bezier shape path. (See About shapes and shape layers.)