Choose Edit > Preferences (Win) or Lightroom > Preferences (macOS). In the preferences dialog, choose Local Storage from the menu at the left. In Local Storage preferences, click Browse next to the Storage Location For Originals preference and then choose your network drive’s path.
How do I manage storage in Lightroom?
7 Ways to Free Up Space in your Lightroom Catalog
- Final Projects. …
- Delete Images. …
- Delete Smart Previews. …
- Clear Your Cache. …
- Delete 1:1 Preview. …
- Delete Duplicates. …
- Clear History. …
- 15 Cool Photoshop Text Effect Tutorials.
How do I change my Adobe storage?
Sign in to https://account.adobe.com/plans.
- Select Manage plan or View plan for the plan you want to change.
- In the next screen, select Change your plan (or Change plan).
- Either select a new plan or select Manage plan to change the storage or payment options of your current plan.
Should Lightroom catalog be on external drive?
Your photos must be stored on the external drive. Once the catalog is opened from either computer, changes to the photo are saved to the catalog and can be seen from both devices.
How do I move my Lightroom catalog to a new hard drive?
To move a catalog between a Windows computer and a Mac, copy your catalog, preview, and image files from the original computer onto an external drive. Then, attach the drive to the second computer and copy the files to the desired location on the second computer.
Where are my Lightroom backups stored?
By default, Lightroom Classic saves backed up catalogs to the following locations:
- Windows: Users[user name]PicturesLightroom[catalog name]Backups
- Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Pictures/Lightroom/[catalog name]/Backups
Is Lightroom Classic better than CC?
Lightroom CC is ideal for photographers that want to edit anywhere and has up to 1TB of storage to back up original files, as well as the edits. … Lightroom Classic, however, is still the best when it comes to features. Lightroom Classic also offers more customization for import and export settings.
What does store locally in Lightroom mean?
You can now do that at the album level — a new “Store Album Locally” setting allows you to save original copies of that album’s photos on your local hard drive. This feature is super convenient for photographers who travel regularly, especially those with limited or low bandwidth internet connections.
How do I free up disk space in Lightroom?
Insufficient disk space
- In Lightroom, go to Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Lightroom > Preferences (Mac).
- Choose the Local Storage panel. Now, click Change Location to select a drive with at least the amount of free space recommended in the above error message.
Do you need cloud storage for Lightroom?
While Lightroom should certainly offer cloud storage, it needs to offer local storage as a default option, too. … Make it so that all your photos live locally, and your most recent photos (depending on your storage plan) are backed up to the cloud automatically and visible on cloud-based devices.
Does Lightroom have unlimited storage?
Lightroom pairs powerful photo management software with enough storage space for your whole image library. Start with 1 terabyte of cloud storage, and opt for more as needed.