Is there a brighten tool in Photoshop?
The Dodge tool and the Burn tool lighten or darken areas of the image. These tools are based on a traditional darkroom technique for regulating exposure on specific areas of a print. Photographers hold back light to lighten an area on the print (dodging) or increase the exposure to darken areas on a print (burning).
How do I change the brightness of a specific area in Photoshop?
Adjust brightness and contrast in a photo
- In the menu bar, select Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast.
- Adjust the Brightness slider to change the overall brightness of the image. Adjust the Contrast slider to increase or decrease image contrast.
- Click OK. The adjustments will appear only on the selected layer.
How do I darken part of a picture?
Darken parts of a photo to tone down distracting areas that are too bright.
- Long press on the Add Layer button (the plus symbol) in the taskbar on the right and choose Adjustment Layer > Curves.
- In the Layer Properties panel that appears, pull down on the center of the curve line to darken the image.
How do I make a JPEG brighter?
Adjust the brightness of a picture
- Click the picture that you want to change the brightness for.
- Under Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Adjust group, click Brightness.
- Click the brightness percentage that you want.
How do I make one area darker in Photoshop?
At the bottom of the layers palette, click on the “Create new fill or adjustment layer” icon (a circle that’s half black and half white). Click on “Levels” or “Curves” (whichever you prefer) and adjust accordingly to darken or lighten the area.
How do I fix overexposed area in Photoshop?
Click the “Radial Filter” icon above your photo and drag the cursor over the area that is overexposed. Scroll down in the options and make sure the “Inside” Effect option is chosen. Adjust the exposure and highlight levels as needed to reduce the white area.