To get rid of the marching ants after you’ve finished working with a selection, choose Select→Deselect or press ⌘-D (Ctrl+D). Alternatively, if one of the selection tools described in the next section is active, you can click once outside the selection to get rid of it.
How do you invert the marching ants in Photoshop?
With an active selection, use the keyboard shortcut Command + Shift + I (Mac) or Control + Shift + I (PC) to invert your selection area.
How do I reverse the quick selection tool?
To undo the last click or drag of the Quick Selection tool, press Ctrl-Z/Cmd-Z.
What is marching ants in Photoshop?
The marching ants effect is an animation technique often found in selection tools of computer graphics programs. It helps the user to distinguish the selection border from the image background by animating the border. The border is a dotted or dashed line where the dashes seem to move slowly sideways and up and down.
What is the shortcut to remove marching ants?
Press Ctrl H (Command H) to hide or reveal a selection’s “marching ants”.
What is the shortcut key of brush tool?
To select the Brush Tool press the b key.
What does invert do in Photoshop?
When you invert a black-and-white photo, the white pixels become black pixels. But if you invert a color image, the inverted photo will have a flipped color scheme. Photoshop will flip every color to its opposite on the RGB or CMYK color wheel.
How do I reselect an area in Photoshop?
How to reselect objects in Photoshop
- Select the Photoshop Document window containing the selection you need to reselect.
- On the Menu Bar left mouse click on “Select” to show the selection drop down menu.
- Click on “Reselect” from the menu (third from the top) to reselect your previous area selection.
How do you make a selection in Photoshop?
What you learned: To make a selection and adjust only the selected area
- In the Tools panel, select the Rectangular Marquee tool. …
- To select more, click the Add to selection icon in the options bar or press Shift and drag. …
- Select a layer you want to adjust.
How do you fix selection in Photoshop?
Using any selection tool, do one of the following:
- Select the Intersect With Selection option in the options bar, and drag.
- Hold down Alt+Shift (Windows) or Option+Shift (Mac OS) and drag over the portion of the original selection you want to select.
What is the command for deselecting a selection?
To deselect a selection, do one of the following: Use the Deselection icon from the selection controls: Use the shortcut key ALT+SHIFT+C or ALT+C. Use the shortcut key CTRL+SHIFT+Z.
How do I deselect a selection tool?
Don’t use the obvious tool of choice — the Rectangular Marquee tool — because the frame isn’t completely straight. To deselect the inside of the frame from the selection, hold down the Alt (Option on the Mac) key and click each corner of the inside of the frame when using the Polygonal Lasso tool.