The file is saved with a different extension – The most common reason why this error occurs is when the file is saved with the . PSD extension even if it’s, in fact, a different file type (TIFF, JPG, GIF, PNG). This ends up confusing Photoshop, which will trigger the issue.
How do I fix an invalid file in Photoshop?
Free Methods To Fix Not A Valid Photoshop Document Error:
- Select your invalid PSD file and drag it into Acrobat. This will open the PSD file in PDF format.
- Save the PDF file and open it in Photoshop.
- If the file is fixed and accessible, select Save as and save the PDF file back to PSD format.
Why can’t I open my Photoshop file?
Solution 1: Reopen the file
Wait 30–60 seconds and then try to reopen the file. If the file doesn’t open, quit and relaunch Photoshop, and then reopen the file.
How do I fix a PSD error?
4 Simple Steps to Fix Errors in PSD File:
- Step 1 – Download Remo Repair PSD software on your PC / laptop.
- Step 2 – Launch this PSD Repair software by Remo. …
- Step 3 – Now, hit on Repair option for the repair process to start.
- Step 4 – Once the file is repaired, preview it and save on a preferred destination.
Can’t be opened because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop?
Create a copy of the corrupt PSD file that is not compatible with photoshop, open it in Lightroom, and export it as a new PSD or TIFF file with a different name. This process might flatten the present layers but can fix and restore your inaccessible PSD file partially.
How do I recover a Photoshop file?
Right-click on the PSD file, then select “Recover previous version”. From the list, find the file you need and click the Restore button. Now go to Photoshop and find the recovered PSD file here. Be sure to save it.
Can’t be opened because of program error Photoshop?
Program error while opening files
The ‘Photoshop could not complete your request because of a program error’ error can occur for various reasons from damaged Photoshop preferences to incompatible system hardware or software.
How do I open a Photoshop temp file?
Another way to recover a corrupted or inconsistent PSD file is through the Temp folder, as follows:
- Click and open your hard drive.
- Select “Documents and Settings”
- Look for the folder labeled with your user name and select “Local Settings > Temp”
- Search the files labeled with “Photoshop” and open them in Photoshop.
How do I update Photoshop?
Launch Photoshop and choose Help > Updates. See Update Creative Cloud apps.
Why does Photoshop not recognize raw files?
Photoshop or Lightroom doesn’t recognize the raw files. What do I do? Make sure that you have the latest updates installed. If installing the latest updates doesn’t allow you to open your camera files, verify that your camera model is on the list of supported cameras.
Can’t edit because smart object is not directly editable?
No matter when you receive the error “Could not complete your request because the smart object is not directly editable”, the simplest solution is to open the wrong image and unlock the image layer in Photoshop. After that, you can delete, cut, or modify image selection.
How do I fix Photoshop Not enough RAM?
2. Increase allowed RAM usage
- Open Photoshop.
- Open Edit, click on Preferences and then access Performance.
- Set the value to 100% of RAM by using the slider.
- Confirm the changes.
- If you are unable to assign 100% to Memory Usage, set it to 96% and try again.
How do I open a crashed PSD file?
Restore Unsaved PSD from Recent Files
Restart your Photoshop, go to “File” > “Open Recent” and search for the lost unsaved PSD file. Then, open and restore the lost PSD.