Once you have your drawing, scan or take a picture of it and open it in Illustrator. The quality of the scan/picture will determine how well your graphic comes through, so make sure to avoid any shadows. The scans/images with the most contrast between the pen and paper will turn out the best.
Can you import images to Adobe Illustrator?
You don’t have to create artwork from scratch in Adobe Illustrator—you can import both vector drawings and bitmap images from files created in other applications. Illustrator recognizes all common graphic file formats.
How do I vectorize an image in Illustrator 2020?
Open the Image
- Open the Image.
- Open the image to be vectorized in Illustrator using the “File” menu. …
- Activate Image Trace.
- Click the “Object” menu, then click “Image Trace” and “Make.”
- Choose Tracing Options.
How do I convert my hand drawn to digital?
How to Turn a Sketch into a Digital Image in 5 Steps
- Step 1: Sketch for Success. Before you even begin to digitize your sketch, it’s helpful to know a few tips that will make the process easier. …
- Step 2: Scan the Drawing. …
- Step 3: Clean Up the Scanned Drawing. …
- Step 4: Vectorize the Image. …
- Step 5: Add Color.