Select the object or group (or target a layer in the Layers panel). Choose Effect > Stylize > Feather. Set the distance over which the object fades from opaque to transparent, and click OK.
How do you apply a feather effect?
Feathering a Selection
- Using a selection tool, make your selection. …
- From the Select menu, select Modify » Feather… …
- In the Feather Radius text box, type your desired feather pixel value. …
- Click OK.
- You can now copy and paste your selection to a new image or an existing image.
How do you fade the bottom of an image in Illustrator?
Click the “Window” menu and select “Transparency” to see the Transparency panel. Click the “Opacity” menu and drag the slider to the left to fade out the photo to the desired level.
Can you do a directional feather in Illustrator?
Click the “Effect” menu, select “Stylize” and click “Feather” to open the Feather window. Turn on the preview. Enter a narrow Feather Radius and observe the effect on the photo edge. Adjust the feathering using the arrows next to the Radius field or by moving the rectangle until you have the look you want.
How do you fade an object in Illustrator?
The object that you want to fade must be above the object that you want to reveal. Right-click on the object that you want to fade and move your mouse cursor over the “Arrange” option. Select the “Bring to Front” option and drag the object over the object that you want to reveal.
How do you make an image transparent in Illustrator?
Change the opacity of artwork
- Select an object or group (or target a layer in the Layers panel). To change the opacity of a fill or stroke, select the object, and then select the fill or stroke in the Appearance panel.
- Set the Opacity option in the Transparency panel or Control panel. Note: